Sunday 15 April 2012

Beckhampton Cove

On investigation, I found that it has been suggested that the avenues may have housed coves at one time or another, the Adam and Eve stones on the Beckhampton avenue have been included in this suggestion. I decided to take my rods and my equipment to see if I could shed some light on the subject.

The avenue ran along-side this road, at where the stones are in the distance, the avenue curves slightly towards the left of the picture, the energy line runs in front of the stones following the avenue. I dowsed some missing stones on this side of the energy line which confirmed that the energy line ran between the stones, as with the Kennet avenue.

The first time I came here I dowsed around the stones not looking for anything in particular, Free-dowsing if you will, and I found there to be a lot of activity around the stones, I also found more energy lines other that the one I described. Unfortunatly I didnt have the time to investigate, but on this occasion I was focussed on finding the beckhampton cove/s.

On looking at the stones themselves, Eve (the larger of the two) looked more like the female cove stones used in the north circle at Avebury (but smaller). Also the gradient of the ground seemed more suspicious, from the information we have now it is difficult to tell where the missing stones may have been, but at the avebury cove the ground seems desturbed, and it seemed logical to assume that had the stones been removed in the past there may be some interference left, clues in the shape of the ground.

I started by dowsing in a circle around the Eve stone, asking for a cove, I got a clear yes. I asked for the point within the center of the cove, which I marked, and then the center of the two stones. I actually dowsed a fourth stone which was very small, so I discounted this but I admit it did have me confused for a while!

I then dowsed for the edges of the stones, asking for the edge at ground level, I got two shapes. I then started again, and seemingly received the same information so I marked out the two missing stones.


I recorded the measurements, using a tape measure. But one thing was troubling me and that was the height of the stones. While dowsing with the Archeological dowsers, I learnt a technique which seemed to be similar to Bishops rule. Bishops rule is a technique where you can establish how far down a water vein/line is when dowsing for water, it involves you walking away from the dowsed spot until the rods indicate the depth, upon measuring of course. You literally imagine that you are walking toward the water underneath you, which is a lot easier than it sounds!



So I applied the same technique, imagining the outline of the height of the stone being projected out in front. I practiced on the stones that were there, and on measuring them was quite suprised. I also did the same for the depth.

With my new found technique I was armed and ready to establish what this cove may have looked like. The first missing stone was dowsed and seemed pretty similar to the already standing stone.

 The outline was not predetirmined and if you have dowsed you will understand what I mean, I felt when dowsing that it was far too small, but upon measuring I was suprised. The stone had an odd cut-out similar to Eve and the large stone in the cove at Stanton Drew. The height estimated at 4.5m, which was bigger than Eve. The depth of the stone is estimated to be 3m 22.


I was quite chuffed with this, although I didnt bring enough pegs so I had to canabalise the other markings! I repeated the process with the other stone, and words cannot describe my shock.

This was huge, measuring 8m 80cm. I was in disbelief and really started to question my dowsing, I checked and checked again and got the same result, I also checked the depth which was 5m 30. This is huge! and makes it bigger than the Avebury cove stone, in fact I went to check the obolisk at Avebury which measured at over 9m, and a depth of 5m (very approx). The scientific part was maintaining the data, everything else seemed consistant so I am accepting the results for now, however incredibly controversial! If we assume that the data is correct, then we have a similar set-up to the other cove, a large phallic male stone with a large female stone and a slightly smaller female stone but wider at the base (Eve).

The interesting thing also to note is that the cove is not connected to the energy line which runs along the avenue, although there is an energy line which passes through the cove, much smaller at 7 paces. This feeds into the much wider energy line, and there was a dowseable node within this energy. My instinct is that by building a cove here perhaps the ancients were harnessing the energy in some way, and perhaps the energy line would have been a lot wider with the cove intact.

My search for other dowsers to support and check the data still is unanswered, so I am writing an article for "dowsing today" in the hope it may spark some interest. If you are interested in supporting this project then please contact me.

Best wishes

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment